How to prepare avocado for eating.
- 1 Avocado
- A knife
- Wash the avocado
- Dry the avocado with a cloth or just wiping off the water with your hands.
- Use the point of the knife to start an incision at the top of the avocado.
- Take the incision to the bottom of the avocado. Careful not to cut yourself
- Repeat at about a 30 degree or so angle.
- Only cut what you need. You can wrap it in foil and store in the refrigerator for when you need more. You must wrap it and don't keep it for too long without eating it as it will wither and start tasting funny.
- You can eat with bread, crackers or just add to your dinner plate. You may also dice and add to a salad.
In Jamaica, avocados are actually called pear. What is called pear in the U.S. does not exist in the Caribbean, so there is no confusion.